Saturday, November 8, 2008

Update from the sleep trenches

Ah, elusive sleep. How I have missed you. I am happy to report that Nicole slept through the ENTIRE night last night right until 6AM this morning without incident. I was heaven. Aimee on the other hand woke up at about 12AM calling for me. However, Gary and I have made a pact that he is to do the middle of the night wake ups from now on because the kids sense I am a marshmallow and will cave but that Gary means business and will not bend. So he went in and told Aimee to go back to sleep, that she was okay and that he would see her in the morning. Worked like a charm. So I was actually able to stay in bed all night long. A girl could get used to this.

And in case you thought I forgot about my quest to lose weight, I have to confess that I fell off the wagon for a few weeks. I missed one meeting, then one turned into two and two into three. But I went back this past week and have been doing great ever since. The dog has never been so in shape with our walks around the neighborhood. I have decided that while I do love to take the girls for walks that this is my time. I hardly take time for myself anymore so when I get a chance to walk without them, I take it. Typically it is only on Saturday and Sunday or the random work at home day. But I am back on track now, I won't post my latest gain from WW because I honestly didn't look at it, but rest assured it was a gain based on the reaction from the receptionist person that weighed me in...sigh. Halloween is my downfall and now that I have two trick or treaters it was doubly hard this year. So now, onward and downward.

No comments: