Thursday, November 20, 2008

And so it goes....again

Since I don't work full time, nor am I home with the girls full time, I feel as though I am always half assing my way through things. Today for example Aimee was not 100 percent because we just discovered yesterday after a trip to the doctor for a cold that would not let up that she has quite an ear infection in her right ear. So getting out the door today took a little more effort than it normally does for us. And our house is a wreck right now to prove it. I know I left the house with toy pieces everywhere, dishes in the sink and the coffee grinds still in the coffee maker.

But, Gary took the girls to school, dropping Nicole off at daycare and Aimee off a nursery school. He called me and asked me to meet him at the school because some pictures that were taken of them at the daycare (their "school pictures") came back and he wanted me to see them. So I met him at the nursery school, saw the pictures and instantly I became the attention giver. Aimee needed me to take her into school. So since being on time to work had already gone out the window I took a moment to get her out of her father's truck and walk her to school and deposit her safely. As I got into my car, I needed to write a check and when writing the date it occurred to me that today is my wedding anniversary.

Amazing isn't it? I forgot my own anniversary with all of the things we do everyday as part of taking care of the kids, house, work, etc. we totally forgot that a mere four years ago (I know, a three year old and a 2 year old...not much time wasted is in all of your minds..) we exchanged vows among our family and friends and partied afterwards. We did make plans to go out to dinner this weekend so it's not like we let it slip by entirely but the fact that living life in Suburbia has taken precedence over all other pieces in my life. It's amazing to me that four short years ago we were standing there with all of this ahead of us. Yet, four years from now, Aimee will be in 2nd grade and Nicole in kindergarten. I didn't know time goes by so fast until I had kids. I also didn't know the love I had for Gary on that November day four years ago would lead to even a greater love for him seeing him with our children from that union.

So here's to the first four years and hopes for many many more in the future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very Happy Anniversary to you and your DH...Hope you can find some time to celebrate. Cheers!

~ Tricia

Brenna said...

Happy belated, from a fellow half-assed mama. (actually, half my ass IS a normal-sized ass, so technically I am a whole-assed mama).