Saturday, November 29, 2008

Getting it Together

I wish I could say that I did manage to post at least every other day this month, but apparently even that isn't true. It's not like I don't have the material, just not enough time to actually sit down and type up something by the day's end. Case and point, it is now almost 8:30 on Saturday night, Gary is at the Bruins game, Aimee is fast asleep and Nicole is not happy about being in her crib alone and is letting me know it. So I don't even have these few minutes to fill you in on our incredibly (cough, cough) exciting lives.

Thanksgiving was a nice day. We were busy shuttling from house to house in an effort to make all the rounds to see each family member. The girls still haven't quite recovered from little to no naps and later nights to bed. But it was a lot of fun.

Gary and I attempted shopping on Black Friday and actually did get the girls some things and almost finished our shopping. An accomplishment I never would have thought possible. His parents were nice enough to take the girls for the afternoon while we went shopping. It took us about 1/3 the time it would normally take us to shop had we brought the girls with us. So score in that department.

This is my favorite time of the year. We start the holiday traditions of finding the perfect gifts, wrapping them all up and coordinating our celebrations. The calendar is quite packed with parties, gift grabs and cooking plans. The girls even recognize the big guy on TV when they see him.

We're getting it together and hopefully we'll be decorated, wrapped and ready for the Christmas holidays soon.

No comments: