Sunday, November 2, 2008

Post Everyday

Well, according McCashew over there on the right (I can't figure out how to link you here in my text, sorry) I suppose I missed the first day of November for the NaBloPoMo - National Blog Post Month, but I will make up for it and try to post each remaining day for November.

We had a full weekend here with the family. It was very busy but very fun. Friday we had a low keyed morning by walking across the yard and having breakfast with Nana and Papa. We came home, played in the yard for a while then retired to the house so Nicole could have a nap and Aimee a rest. Then daddy came home and we gathered up our stuff to head over to Gary's sister's house where his parents live in an in-law suite to get ready for the evening festivities. I must say that I love them all living together, makes for a great visit each time we come over.

Anyway, we got pizzas for supper and gathered the kids together to walk the neighborhood to trick or treat. Among our trick or treaters was a witch, Tinkerbell, a mouse and a duck. I had a great scheme for Aimee and Nicole to have a "theme" for their outfits with Cinderella and Gus Gus but after wearing her Cinderella costume to dancing lessons, a Halloween open house at the Norwell Fire Department, Nursery School, daycare and to show various people, Aimee decided that she didn't want to be Cinderella any more and we had a quick last minute change to Tinkerbell which was really cute too. Though it left my mouse out in the cold alone, but still very cute.

This was a great year for us even though both girls didn't quite understand it fully but more than willing to walk around putting things into a bag, especially edible things. Nicole loved it though she didn't move as fast as the older girls. So Aimee went ahead with her Auntie Shelly and older cousin while I stayed behind with Gary, Nicole, my mother in law and our other niece Ella (the cutest duck I have ever seen). They were priceless together. Not quite getting the point fully but walking around looking cute as can be in their costumes putting their candy into their bags. At one house, Nicole threw an all out fit because the homeowner only gave one piece of candy to her bag where as the few before had given a few pieces to the cause. Smart girl I suppose, although quite embarrassing to have your mouse flat out on someone's walk playing the limp kid card on me. We decided that was our last house for these two and my mother in law took them back to the house. We caught up with Aimee and her Auntie who did their last visit for treats when Aimee looked up at her Auntie and said, "all done Shelly", thus ending our 2008 trick or treating.

It was exciting and I could almost hear the disappointment in Aimee's voice when putting her to bed that night when I told her that the next Halloween is a year away. It's hard to explain seasonal things to her like why Santa doesn't come for another two months or how come Storyland isn't open in the winter. She gets a lot of things but I am sure the seasonal things are tough to grasp. In any event, I am sure the memories of this Halloween will last forever for her. I know they will for me.

No comments: