Friday, November 7, 2008

Have You Met Lady Luck?

So I just found out that I won a pay it forward contest on McCashew's blog (link to left since I still can't figure out that whole link in a little word thing..someone comment and tell me how to do it or e-mail me or something). How exciting is that? All just by having to tell what my most memorable Halloween costume was. I can remember it so clearly. I was 4, going to nursery school (the same one Aimee attends) and my mother put my hair in rag curls (does anyone even do those any more?) the night before with my grandmother. Then in the morning, she put on my dress that was probably more like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz than Raggedy Ann, but the closest we had. She then painted my nose red and some of those little black marks above and below my eyes and there I was, Raggedy Ann. Unfortunately, as soon as the finishing touches were put onto my outfit, I burst into tears and decided I didn't want to go to school looking like that. I am sure I crushed my mother with it, but being the mom that she is, she just said to stop crying, I looked lovely and another tear would ruin my makeup. So off I went. I will go to her house tomorrow and see if I can find the picture of me in my get up. She really did a great job.

Anyway, the point of this trip down memory lane is to tell you all that I WON! I was picked at random to be the winner of a Pay it forward contest. I am so excited. So stay tuned here because I will be paying it forward so all of you lurkers out there will have to comment so that I can put you in the running. I will start when I come up with a fun item to comment on and after I receive my package which I need supply my home address to McCashew first to receive it.

And another reason I feel like I have luck on my side is because I was doing a good deed today of delivering a meal I prepared for someone that just had a baby in my Women's Club. She lives way out of my average driving distances into the middle of no where, coincidentally near where I lived briefly when Gary and I first got married, so I was not happy about having to drive this far to deliver the meal I had put together. But, on the way to her house, I came across gas for an insanely low amount of money. Are you ready for this...hold on to your hats....$2.19 per gallon. I think I was paying more than that 4 years ago when I got married. I was so excited, I dropped off my meal and promptly came back to this station and filled up for under $40 for my enormous car.

It's all coming together Terri these days people.

1 comment:

Brenna said...

Our gas is 2.16! I cannot believe it. Also, I was totally going to write in about my Raggedy Ann costume (I was 11 mos and my hair was a string-type mop dyed red). I'll scan a pic when you do!