Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Bedroom for Three?

Apparently the croup has come back to visit our house. I was outside with Aimee last night at about 12AM letting her take deep breaths of the holy cold air. The two of us were quite a sight had any cars actually come by at that hour to witness. Me in my lovely flannel pants and huge wool sweater and Aimee in her PJs with winter hat and coat, the two of us wrapped in a big blanket. It actually helped her quite a bit and after a little while the two of us went back to bed...together. Only to be joined by another barking seal in Nicole's room. Yes, double trouble truly. She didn't sound nearly as bad as Aimee but Gary went into get her and brought her to me. Gary got to head to Aimee's room with it's flannel sheets, snuggly blanket and every stuffed animal known to man while I stayed in between the two furnaces and tried to get a few winks. It never ceases to amaze me that they will be up all night sometimes in their beds but they come into mine, heave a sigh of relief and sleep right up until 7:30. Go figure.

Thoughts and wishes that tonight will be better. Aimee already asked me if we can go outside and sit on the steps tonight. My response.."I hope not" which of course got the requisite.."why?" At least I can always count on somethings in my life.

No comments: