Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Girls Day Out

On Tuesdays, Nicole and I drop Aimee off at nursery school and then try to find something to do with ourselves for 2 and 1/2 hours. It's a strange period of time. Not enough time for some things, too much for others. I would try to grocery shop at this point in the week but Aimee really likes visiting the deli for her slice of cheese and gets upset if she realizes we went to the grocery store without her so that options out.

Today we went to the mall. I don't know what happened in the last 10 days since I was there but apparently Santa arrived, the big Christmas tree is there and every store is having holiday sales. I don't know about you but I hate feeling rushed. I even realized today that Oldies 103 here in Boston is already playing continuous holiday music. Now I love Christmas as much as the next person but for some reason this year I am having a hard time adapting to the fact that the cold weather is actually here. I feel like it was August yesterday. So Nicole in her stroller and me pushing her we walked the mall together to get some exercise and check out what is in the stores right now. It's going to be a sparse Christmas this year since we really don't need much and there are not any big ticket items for us to purchase and we are afraid to use a credit card for anything these days. But it was nice to walk around the mall, check out the sites and see the big man himself sitting there having kids sit on his lap for pictures. Should be interesting to see how this goes for us. Last year we got a decent shot of the girls with Santa in their matching sweaters and jeans on. But Nicole is in that strange phase where anyone not mom or dad or relative send her into a face hiding snuggle into my shoulder.

It's nice to have this time just the two of us together. Ideally I probably should have enrolled her in a music class or something but this is what Aimee and I did together...stroll the malls, check out the people and the sales and it was fun to do it again today. You know what really floored me today? I came home and checked the calendar and realized that there are only 5 more Tuesdays until Christmas.

No comments: