Monday, November 17, 2008

Snuggle

Last night was yet another loss in the battle of the sleep. Aimee had a tough night in general for some reason. She kept crying out, not quite awake not quite asleep. Finally I asked her if she wanted to sleep in my bed with me. She gave me a little squeak of a yes and into my bed we went at about 9PM. As soon as she got there she suddenly became very chatty and told me how much she loves to snuggle with me. To be honest, it is very endearing. But I am still battling the cold they gave to me and I was exhausted, uncomfortable and not really into snuggling last night. But I was happy that being next to me brought her enough solace to fall into a less fitful sleep so I endured. Until about 12:30 when Nicole woke up and called for me. I thought that perhaps she needed a diaper change but a quick change revealed just a damp diaper. So for three hours we sat together in her room until 3:30AM when she finally fell asleep again and I was able to put her into bed. I somehow made it into my own bed at that point and got to sleep until about 6AM. Needless to say I have a bit of a headache to go with my congested head. I can't tell if it is because of the congestion or lack of sleep, but either way I am going to bed sans kids tonight.

I am hoping for an uneventful night. Do any parents get to sleep all night through consistently? My mother can't recall any of us doing this sort of thing to her but I don't know if it's just the distance of it all in her memory or if she was blessed with good sleepers. I know my sister in law has good sleepers. I think that you either have good sleepers or you don't. Aimee was a good sleeper until she got into a big girl bed then it all went down hill. Nicole never slept well. So I am off to bed, I may be snuggling later with a kid or two - we'll see.

No comments: