Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday Activities

Well last night Nicole slept right through the night like a champ, but in typical kid world, Aimee was up quite a bit coughing and sneezing with a cold she has picked up. I swear it never ends around here. So we are skipping playgroup today to go to the grocery store with our Papa (my father). It's rather funny to see him pushing around the grocery store cart with the little car installed. I don't think he would have done that when we were kids.

My father totalled my mother's car about 2 years ago when he was running out to the store for something and when he was coming around the corner, the sun suddenly hit his windshield just right to literally blind him. So he tried to pull over to the side of the road but misjudged and hit a pole. He was completely fine other than a good hit from the airbag. He was a firefighter in his earlier days and retired about 15 years ago. So when the firefighters insisted he needed to be boarded and put into the ambulance after he had been walking around for about 10 minutes he refused. So it was my brother's friend who is a local firefighter said "Mr. Santoro, please let us take you to be checked out," that he decided the quickest way to end the argument was to just go. So he calmly called my mother with the policeman's phone who responded first and told my mother that he was going to the hospital, he probably totalled her car and not to rush, it's always a while at the ER. And ever since he has had little interest in driving.

So my girls enjoy these trips where we take Papa out on adventures on the highway to various destinations like the stores and banks. With him not driving I think him and my mother end up with a little too much together time. I guess after 36 years of marriage you know all the quirks with your partner but that doesn't mean you like them any more than when you discovered them!

Hurry and get your comments in, I will choose a winner on Sunday. So keep on posting about your favorite snow day.

No comments: