Monday, May 9, 2011

Side tracked

As with all of my good intentions, I got side tracked last week. My parents came home from FLA (yay! we all missed them terribly) and then my mom was admitted to the hospital the next day (boo...). My mom has never been sick like this and it was scary. I also had to do it without my brother because he was away on vacation while she was in the hospital. Right there showed me how glad I am to have two kids for when they have to visit me in a hospital.

Mom is on the road to recovery. It's slow and she is taking it as such but it was also very scary. We have some follow up appointments to got to etc. but one day at a time right now.

So what did this mean for my couch to 5K? Basically that I was put back about 2 weeks because I didn't workout or run for a week. I finally got back into gear today and hopped on the treadmill and did a 5 minute workout and then a 12 minute run. I wasn't able to hit the 20 minutes but I will take the 12 minutes. Really my overall goal is to run this race May 22nd and be able to run the whole thing without stopping. I am crossing my fingers for a cool, clear day. If it rains I am out and if it's over 80 I am out too. I am not prepared for those conditions.

1 comment:

Brenna said...

I was so active in Florida, but since we've been home in this crap rain, I've done nothing. And I keep meaning to do the elliptical but then have a beer, then another, with dinner, and then become tired and useless. Sigh.