Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Trudging along

I am still working on my couch to 5K program. I wish I could say it's getting easier but it isn't. Some days I can do it easier than others though it it is still never easy. To get to the 5K though this week I need to get the girls to a host of places for the upcoming dance recital. We had a dress rehearsal last night and let me just say that Nicole in her little outfit may be the cutest thing I have ever seen. Aimee looks great too, but she looks all grown up where Nicole is just so tiny.

Tonight is picture night for them at the dance studio where they get to put on the recital outfits again and (gasp!) makeup. I know this piece alone makes them so excited. What little girl does not love her mom's makeup? It gives me a little bit of the chills because I always liken makeup on little girls to the mini-beauty queens you see on the E True Hollywood Story.

But tonight with their hair done, their makeup on and their beautiful recital costumes they will be professionally photographed and kept in the memory books of Recital 2011. The actual recital is on Sunday after the race. Hopefully I can walk post race into the recital instead of hobbling down the aisle of the auditorium.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Love that you are blogging again! xox