Sunday, August 29, 2010

Summer Lovin'

I know that this summer has been a hot one, but I have not complained once about the heat. Even when I was dripping in sweat merely trying to cut Aimee's 5th birthday (which by the way OMG I have a 5 year old) cake at her party. Sure it is hot, but it's summer. Last summer was a continual rain-fest with hardly any nice warm days in.a.row. Sure we had a 90 here and there but that was it. So I am so excited for the next days with back to summer heat for the forecast.

Okay, admittedly I have central air conditioning now and an in ground pool so hey it's not hard to deal with the heat. But I have loved loved loved this summer. It goes by so fast it is crazy. Don't get my wrong, I do love fall with the changing leaf colors, apple picking, pumping carving, etc. but there is something about this time of year that always gets me a little bit blue. The end of summer, flip flops, short pants, Capri's, etc. going back into the closet and sometimes into Goodwill always makes me a little sad.


So I am soaking it all in, the last few days of summer. I know that soon enough we'll be waking up to 40 degree mornings and need jackets before leaving the house. But until then, bring on the heat!

1 comment:

Brenna said...

Agreed, this summer was pretty spectacular in the weather department, I still have a photo of Anna in jeans, a sweatshirt, and rain boots at the beach in mid-July last year, and she looks cold even in all of that.