Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Counting Down

Today is April 1st and it's no fools that my parents come home on April 10th. So we're in countdown mode to when Nana and Papa come back to see us all. It's been a tough two months for sure because my parents are a good diversion to the everyday stuff that I apparently put my children through. It's been interesting to talk to the girls about where Nana and Papa (and now Freddy and Tee Tee - my brother and sister in law who are at my parent's house in Florida) have been. They realize that they are not in their blue house next door but aren't really sure where Florida is located. In some of their cuter moments they will pack some toys into a bag, sling it over their shoulder, put on a pair of their dress up shoes and tell me they will be back because they are going to Flor-da. Too funny.

Speaking of packing bags, I think I have on my hands two pack rats. I have found random blocks, play kitchen food, socks, you name it in the multitude of pocketbooks that we have around the house. I am not sure what drives this but it is interesting that both of my kids do this. I am not sure if it is because Aimee has always had a love of pocketbooks and things contained in them and Nicole is just following in her usual admiration of all things her big sister does. Or perhaps it is just a toddler/preschooler thing to do. In any event, they are sure to be ready for next year when we are definitely going to Flor-da to visit because their bags are already self-packed.

Ten...nine....eight....seven......

No comments: