Thursday, August 6, 2009

In the blink of an eye

I know, it's been a while since I posted here last. I have been enjoying the wonderful summer weather with the girls and trying to unplug at night and do captivating things like read. Gasp! Work has also been crazy busy too and my usual 24 hours have been bumped up to 30 hours at least each week as I try to navigate my way through a very large project.

In amongst all the summer and work activities, a little thing happened right around July 26th. My "baby" turned 4. I can't believe it, 4 already. I have memories in my life from when I was 4, so it's crazy to me that we are doing things now that she will remember for a lifetime. Also amazing to me is the fact that just about 4 years ago I was sitting on the couch with a newborn baby on my lap, nursing away. That little baby looked like this:


And now I have a 4 year old that loves to talk endlessly to me every day. She ponders the big questions like "do I have to take a school bus to kindergarten?" and she loves with more of her being than I would have thought a little girl could. Here she is from a recent trip to the beach.



I can still see traces of that little baby in her smiling face here. Happy birthday little girl. A little bit late but you will realize that we Schaffers do things on our own standard of time. I love you!

1 comment:

mccashew said...

I still cannot get over that she turned FOUR! Glad you guys are enjoying summer, now that it FINALLY arrived. =)