Thursday, December 4, 2008

Not yet

Nicole woke up from her afternoon nap yesterday with a big 'ole spot of eye grossness on it. At first I wiped it away not thinking much of it and then within minutes another one reappeared. Since I was so happy to be done with antibiotics and back on our way to a nice healed bum, I was not happy to see these eye boogies appearing. I had a conference call for work scheduled at 4:30, just two hours from when she woke up with this conditions. Gary was coming home to keep the girls at bay while I was on said call. So I quickly dialed the pediatricians office and got her a 4PM appointment that Gary took her and Aimee to. Turns out her right ear is still infected even though it is her left eye that is all goopy. Go figure. These sinuses are very tricky things indeed. I gave Gary specific instructions on asking about her diaper rash that was starting to clear up and avoid getting her on any more augmenten since it was just starting to heal it. We had been on Omnicef once before which also produced similar results but also added a total body rash. So this time we got a Z-pak in liquid form and we need to go back in 10 days to be sure the infection is cleared. From there we sit and wait to see what happens the rest of the winter because one more will prompt the tubes discussion. Last winter we did a preventative antibiotic every day and it worked great. I am not sure what is in store for us this winter.

Thank God I am beefing up my own immune system since it appears I can't not get what my girls love to pick up. Despite my rigid hand washing for both of them and face covering with every cough I still get whatever bug they have and this time is no exception. Ugh. I am glad I haven't taken any sick time yet this season!

No comments: