Saturday, September 27, 2008

Forecast....rain

So apparently children seem to know when a storm is coming. Kids and dogs are good barometers so who needs the weather man on channel 5? So far in the past two days we have gotten soaked three times, had countless meltdowns and many bossy moments from both girls towards the other. I have had fights over who will sit on my lap, help me open the door and who is going to help me load the dishwasher. At the moment I have a spare second to type because they are blissfully watching some TV together in my room, on my bed....a forbidden thing to do. Not that I am upset by them on my bed, but they have each fell off the bed numerous times from jumping that they are no longer allowed on it.

We tried a trip to the mall today to try and get out for a few minutes and see something other than ourselves for a bit. That was a mistake. Not only was everyone else seemingly trying to do the same thing, but the early departure from the mall because Gary and I couldn't take the people there anymore forced more meltdowns finally coming to a climax when we got stuck in a random downpour on our way out to the car. Aimee hates to be wet so that included a whiny ride home from her the whole 5 minutes it takes to get from the mall to the house.

And I am being beckoned again from the whiny twins about who did what. I think I need a black and white striped shirt for my referee gig here.

No comments: