Thursday, August 14, 2008

Why?

I realize that I have been missing in action for a while and my sincerest apologies as I know when other people's blogs that I enjoy reading go days even weeks without updates I get a bit bummed. But we have been busy around these parts. We made a trip to North Conway to hit Storyland. Though the weather wasn't as nice as we had hoped we did still manage to escape raindrops. Aimee wasn't sure she wanted to go on rides but once we waited in line and finally managed to get on the rides she decided that she instantly wanted to go back on them. So we made it to the flying dutch shoes, the ferris wheel type balloon ride, the antique cars (her personal favorite) and of course the train that takes you all around Storyland. I don't feel as though we saw all of the park. It's not Disneyworld by far but there really is a lot to do. So we had a nice little vacation of 5 days with just the girls and it was a lot of fun.

But we are back now and we came back with a fun new little word....why? To every single question that Aimee asks and I answer, the next word is why? I know that kids go through this and have been a babysitter, cousin, aunt, etc. to many of these questions, but the beauty of those roles is that you can leave the questions after a while. When it is your own child it's not so easy. I am not sure when this phase came into our lives and if she is just being curious or trying to annoy me down to the last nerve of my existence. Either way, it has been a challenging week with the "whys?" as I call them.

Many of them seem to be easily explanable. But many are harder to get into. Like this morning, she wanted to go see daddy but he was in the shower and I told her she had to wait until he was done so of course came "why?" I tried to explain it as best I could because after all, I rarely take a shower alone in the bathroom, she and Nicole are most always in there with me as I take my 90 second morning showers because of the fighting that occurs on the other side of the shower curtain, but that is a post for another day. It was also a hard concept to grasp I am sure because Daddy is often there to help when she has her tubbys. I am not sure I am ready for telling her all the differences between men and women and since there are no boys in our family right now (no, we aren't thinking of adding a third thank you very much...I meant cousins, etc.) she doesn't get the exposure to the differences. So after a while, the why's got to me and I decided to use something a friend suggested and I threw out there and simply responded....because it is an elephant. That actually seemed to work for a bit and we got onto the business of getting dressed and ready for school. Strange huh?

So that is basically it. That is where we have been. Up next for us is yet another trek up North because it was nice to get away. I wouldn't call it a vacation because really when you have kids do you have a vacation? It's really just a change of scenery for a while. Of course we saw all of the scenery because what else can you do when your children wake up at 6AM each morning except start the day with them? Could explain why I am typically ready for bed when I put them down.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG! An elephant! I am dying!