Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Fruits of My Labor

I have struggled with weight my entire life. I have always been athletic, was a former gymnast but always seemed to carry around about 20 extra pounds. It didn't keep me down and I could always still fit into a size 12 easily. But once I had children the whole weight thing has just shifted from bad to worse.

After having Aimee, I was able to lose most of the baby weight save for about that original 20 plus another 15 or so. Then having Nicole I was able to get back down to my pre-weight which again is about 35 (20 before and 15 post-baby) above where I want to be. But then since Nicole's birth I have had a hard time getting the weight off. I hate it because I have all these clothes pre-children that I want to get back into. At first I attributed it to my hypothyroidism which I was diagnosed with about 8 months after having Nicole and since I hadn't gone to my primary care doctor forever so who knows how long it was actually going on. But I just got word that after nearly a year of changing my dose of synthroid that I am now where I should be with my thyroid function. So there it is...I am fat. Yep, so I decided that I would be inspired by my friend Emily over there at The Shrinking Mama that I would join Weight Watchers (okay...again) and try to get the post baby and pre-baby weight off. So I went on Tuesday night and weighed in, got my pamphlets and sat through a very helpful meeting. See, I think that most heavy people know what they are supposed to do, it's just putting it into action that is the hard part. So I have made a committment to myself that I am going to do this. It helps that my insurance will reimburse me up to $150 with my weight loss benefit but still, I am doing this. I am not brave enough to post my weight on the side there, but suffice to say it's over 200 lbs.

So wish me luck and endurance. I think that is what I really need! I will let you know how I do along the way. We are heading away this weekend to try Storyland one more time since Aimee has not stopped talking about it since we last went. So I have already packed a cooler full of good food and hope that I can convince my ever loving husband not to eat out every single meal because that is definately my downfall.

See you on the flip side!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck, Terri! I know you can do it! ;)