Friday, May 21, 2010

Weight Loss War Week #4 & #5

So I slacked a little bit by not letting you all know that I missed a week to check in. Apparently the post about going to bed over took my intentions of another followup on how my weight loss war is going. My apologies because I know you are all dying in your seats to know how much smaller my ass is getting....

It's going, but it's slow and I am finding that if it were not for this war then I would have fallen much further off the wagon than my occasional trips thus far. I have found that on the days I get out of bed and hit the gym right away I am more likely to continue to eat better and watch the ingredient list of things more. But, if I wait until the end of the day...chances are I won't make it to the gym and I won't be as conscious of what is going into my pie hole.

I am still going to the gym but I have found that I am all about cardio when I know in my head that I need to do some weights. I lost a lot of weight once before and I know it was all from the weights but for some reason this road block is really right in my face. It's strange. I did step over it a bit on Wednesday and I walked for 45 minutes and then did 20 minutes of weights. I also felt it the next day but not in a bad way. It was a "you used this muscle and it is getting stronger" type of pain.

So now the weekend is here and the warmer weather is arriving. The pool is open and almost clean enough to swim though the temperature is a frigid 65 degrees. But I plan on doing laps in that baby as soon as I can. I also have my double jogging stroller that I found for a bargain price of $85 on Craigslist. It is now my only stroller as I also sold all of my other strollers on Craigslist. So I have the means and I would really like to get my ass moving more. So I will continue the war. Thus far I have lost 7.5 pounds. I would like it to go faster but apparently to do that I have to stop indulging in a few of the fruit snacks and left overs my kids leave.

1 comment:

Brenna said...

Those perfectly bite-sized leftovers are almost impossible not to pop into your mouth. Ugh. Post TN scale said horrible things, but I know I did really well considering all that was offered. I'm skipping this week's weigh-in (but not meeting) to get that number back to something I want to see.