Thursday, April 22, 2010

Weight Loss War - Week One

It hurts everywhere. I am very literally kicking my own ass. I have not missed my daily gym appointment yet this week and while I know that I can't keep it up for an eternity I am loving the deep hurt feeling while I lie in bed knowing that I did good at working those muscles.

Getting up however, is another story entirely. Once I step out of bed I am reminded that I am not 25 any more. Hell, I am not even 30 anymore and there are probably more aches and pains then there should be since I have these extra pounds pushing down on all my joints.

But it feels good and I am pressing on. I have even found some recipes I can't wait to try in my new healthy eating lifestyle. And poor Gary, whether he knows it or not he is in this with me too because I refuse to buy the soda, chips, ice cream etc. that I know he and I love. So I may just be doing this as a two-fer.

I had Gary take a picture and suffice to say I was not happy with the results. Thus far I have taken pictures with the girls conveniently positioned in front of me or cropped out the roll or belly fat in others. But this was a full on head to toe, no one in front of me picture and it was really a wake up to me. I have been reading Bob Harper's Book about "Are you Ready?" and in there it mentions that one woman he worked with only took pictures or looked in mirrors from the neck up. And that is what I have been doing. Or when I did look in a full length mirror it was with squared shoulders and stomach sucked in . But with this picture, it was all out there. So that picture is now is hanging on my refrigerator (though I am sure I will whip it into the drawer these first few weeks so others don't see it) as a little reminder of why I don't need the extra what have you from inside the fridge. I will post it in a month when I hopefully have another, better, slimmer one beside it.

No comments: